Sunday 31 October 2010

3D max

This was my first time using 3D max. The first thing I was taught was how to use the move, rotate and create shapes. These tools are located on the top tool bar. The other thing I was taught was how to move the plane e.g. canvas floor and the views of the shape. These are located in the bottom right corner. The first thing I did when I opened the 3D max was to make a box any size I want and then experiment with the tools. One of the tools is a teapot because it has the majority of the curves and straights which are on most shapes.


The second thing I did was to take any word I wanted in 3D max and change the colour, font and change it, I did this just by rotating the word. Once I chose my word we then had to add it to a Photoshop image and try and blend it in.

For this I started out with just a simple box and added segment 4x4 and by clicking and dragging on a segment I created a new segment. Once I made a new segment I gave some of them points at the end, I did this by clicking on two of the four points at the end of the segment and rotating them. To make the new image have a smooth texture I just added polygons only 2 because the more polygons you add the more time it takes to render the shape, if I was to add 8 polygons to the shape the texture would be softer and more rounded but the amount of time to render the image would be ridiculous and would probably crash my computer.   



One of the other things I learnt about 3D max was how to texture. What I did was put my name in 3D max, then to go on google images and find an image with some sort of texture like rust or wood. I chose to do tigers fur, steel and the world.


i will upload images later blogger not letting me!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment